Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Hail Dilbert !!!

Though I might not be as blown up as a polar bear but the advent of winter surely brings out the hibernating best in me. By hibernation I mean indoor recreation.You would have guessed that I would be dead by now considering my dreadful work profile but it wasn't to be.The firm makes sure that people like me don't die,thats why they created the "Recreation Room".So thats where I was for the past so many days.Days and nights passed by playing TT and pool and I'm still as poor in both as I was in the beginning :).
All play and no work makes jack a loafer,so I thought of doing something worthwhile during the time I spend in office.Its said that wisdom comes with experiance,so I started out on a mission to become more wise. I guess I have found the right role model...u guessed it right its "Dilbert".His clarity of thought and immense knowledge of the way in which the corporate world operates will have almost everyone awestruck.So here I was with my mentor and asked him how would have appraised me had he been my manager and here is his response :

"His work may greatly impact the company and such an employee demonstrates the importance of proper recruiting. He has a wide variety of interests and pursuits. His core values show through in his work. Mr. sreenivasan frequently thinks "outside the box". His usefulness to the division is self evident and as an employee, he is a management textbook example. He fully understands the extent of his responsibilities and his full capabilities have only been recently discovered. Mr. sreenivasan handles assignments with unlooked-for creativity."



Isn't that great to hear and this is not that far from reality :D. I was once a productive "Engineer" but the alien creature called the "Manager",who felt such a productive creature will cause him to work more,saw to it that I was slayed by the sword of "Appraisal".So here I'm loitering around and getting paid handsomely for doing so :).

You can have your appraisal done by dilbert at : http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/games/career/html/questions.html



Enjoy :D...

No comments: