Tuesday, November 29, 2005

patience pays...

I felt that my selective amnesia for important matters had struck again when I realized that I had forgotten to send my entry for the T.T and pool matches being held in my firm. On enquiring with the organizing committee members I found out that the slots have been made and there was no scope for any further additions. So for the past few days I have been giving the recreation room a perfunctory visit without any drive to spend the maximum of my office hours there. Never the less I continued my daily jaunts to the rec room.
So today when my friend asked me to join him for a T.T match at the REC room, I never expected that I would get a chance to play in the tourney. By a strike of fortune one slot was empty and the organizer asked if I was free to play in it.Oh boy!!!was I happy to hear that. I said “yes” and there I was against a colleague relatively elder to me. I was happy,in a shallow way,that I had an edge of youth against my opponent. I guess he had other plans.
The first game went in my favor with relative ease and as happens with me always, complacency crept in. I had my chances to finish off the game in the second set but didn’t capitalize on them eventually losing out in the third set. I felt my opponent’s patience of continuing with T.T for such a long time overshadowed my relatively lesser patience of going to the REC room. I have no regrets though, at least I got to play and the crowd was treated to a great game of T.T. It might sound like a loser’s approach, but given the fact that I lost gels with it :).

No comments: