Monday, May 29, 2006

Ad-ache

Do Ads on TV irritate you? They do irritate me a lot, esp. the sick ads like the pepsi tv one. I personally feel there should be a half hour programme, like we have for movie trailers, for commercials too.What really pisses me off is the fact that in the first place they are so idiotic secondly they get repeated every other minute.

I guess the TV channels are to be blamed too. They air these irritating ads without understanding the sensitivity of the program being aired. Take for instance the recently concluded India-W.Indies One day series. India was getting belted left and right on the pitch every over and the only respite that we viewers had from the gory sight was the break between each over. Now why would I want to see three jokers jumping around and a babe advising them to have “Pepsi” when my team is being massacred on field?

Actually the Ad is misleading, when the telecast retuned to the on-field action I saw Kaif gulping ‘Aquafina’ and not any soda. Why can’t Pepsi advertise ‘Aquafina’, isn’t it their product too? I guess one should sue the likes of Pepsi for misleading the mass that players drink Pepsi, because they don’t. If they did they would be couch potatoes like the ones sitting and watching them play.

Pepsi Tv isn’t the only useless Ad around, there are many. The one that is eating up all the Ad time on Tv nowadays is of the AMITY school. In it, this guy has this ambition of making the leaning tower of Pisa straight. What nonsense is it? Why aren’t the teachers at AMITY telling their students that it’s that inclination that makes it a wonder and secondly it’s taking the government of Italy millions of dollars each year and lots of researchers to keep it from falling, let alone keeping it straight?

These things depress me a lot. What happened to the good old Ads that doordarshan used to air? Ek chidiya anek chidiya, the Nirma ad of deepika ji and their likes. Is creative talent in India dying or do Ad agencies think the viewer is a complete moron? I guess as a retaliation to their torture we should boycott all the products of Pepsi and let these firms know that the viewer can no longer take their nonsense. We can intensify the effect by buying the products of their rival, Coca-Cola.

Now that will surely burst the bubbles of Pepsi…kya behuda channel hain?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

abe salle,I really love the nirma Soap add.I would love too see that, the whole day.It never irritates me.Infact it does motivate me..Kya lagati he re sonali..soundarya sabun nirma.hehhehe.we will use her as our brand ambassador, once we start making some new products...