Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Minesweeper Magic


My association with minesweeper started during the training phase in my firm when we were given a task of coding the game using java. My friends used to play minesweeper in college but I never liked it that much. So here I was working on the algo of the game, along with three more java trainees, when my love for this game evolved. Minesweeper is one of the most logical and underrated game. Some people might say that to score a great time in it one needs to have luck, but I disagree.


There are ways to get a cool time in minesweeper and the first step towards it is to stop marking the mines. What I mean by marking is right clicking on the block u feel might have a mine in it. Once you get rid of this habit half the job is done as it saves considerable time of yours. Initially you might find it uncomfortable as you have to keep a mental note of where the mines are but down the line it comes very handy.

The remaining part of the job is to practice. Minesweeper is like any other sport, once you get the technique right then its all about practice. The other aspect of the game, which you will get to know when u start playing it, is that it’s highly addictive. The continuous drive to beat your own time keeps you glued to the system. There is another vital ingredient to get a good time in minesweeper, it’s the Mouse.

If there was a minesweeper contest the best players wouldn’t necessarily win as getting the feel of the mouse is very important to get a decent time on the clock. My experience with minesweeper has shown that when the mouse starts to feel as an organ of your body your chances of cracking the best time increases. With practice you will start to see the pattern in the mine arrangement which helps a lot in unraveling the grid.

As minesweeper is available in all pc’s and there is no volume ingredient associated with it, it’s a great game to pursue during office hours and which I’m sure many people do. I hope my tips come in handy…happy minesweeping…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

abe salle, u need to use ur brain, not mouse..And never make fun of CSc.respect it dude.It was ur foundation for what u are today.People like u degarde my Fav..company.hehhhehhehe