Sunday, May 28, 2006

Reservation hoopla

It was a normal friday evening,having filled the weekly timesheet I was busy gathering my friends to go for karting at Runway9.The plan was set that we would meet outside the office permises at 7 and leave together.So there I was in front of my office and none of the junta turned up.I gave them a buzz and found out that they were standing in some human chain in front of our software park.

I don't have any strong stand when it comes to politics as I feel its void of common sense.Anyways I saw my friends,each carrying a candle,standing soulder to shoulder in the human chain.There was lot of enthusiasm in the air,partly because of the slogans being chanted by the people gathered and partly because of the TV cameras covering the event.As all my friends were busy here, I too thought of spending some time there.

As the time passed I started to wonder,do such demonstrations have any effect? Does our show of solidarity with the students mean anything when the people molesting the law aren't showing any and won't? I was searching for answers to these questions when this idea struck me.

The main issue that this reservation hoopla has brought to the forefront is the lack of sensible people in the government.We call ourselves intelligent but are we really?
I feel the castes that have the maximum say in the government are the most intelligent of the lot.If you see the political parties the majority of the party members will be from the so-called backward classes.So when they have spent so much time to get into the system and use it to their benefit,I feel they have every right to do so.

We,the forward class as they say,should not crib about reservations when we haven't given a thought all these years on running the government and guiding the nation towards the future.The people in the government have done that in whatever shitty way they felt was right.So if you feel reservation is bullshit then so be it because...SHIT happens.

No comments: